Pages

About Me

Mum of 2, suffering my own mental health issues, I began to write this blog as a way to release feelings and emotions. At 13 my daughter was terribly bullied which has led to her having serious mental health problems of her own. She is now 16. I wanted to document our journey and hopefully be able to look back and see how far we have come.

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Home School

Whilst Emily was relieved to be out of school and wanted to work on her studies, she missed her friends and being part of the whole school environment (with the exception of the bullying part)  I bought a load of GSCE revision and exercise books.  I researched as much as I could and tried to come up with fun ways to learn.  I got in touch with other Home Ed parents, they were so supportive.

I took a risk when I decided to do Home Ed.  We were awaiting the outcome of an appeal and there was every chance that we wouldn't get a place.  I'd been able to move my son straight away, and whilst I hoped this would be in her favour, it did add additional strain on the whole family waiting for the decison for Emily. I made the Home Ed decision fully prepared to continue providing for her Educaton should our appeal be unsuccessful.  Despite this I was worried about my ability to be able to support her in all the ways she would need.  I was working three days a week.  This meant that on my days off I needed to work 1-1 in order to prepare her for working under her Grandma's supervision on my work days.  Evenings were spent lesson planning and researching.

Whilst Emily had been relieved to be out of her old comp it was clear that she was still very unhappy.  Home Ed was not the answer to everything

No comments:

Post a Comment