Pages

About Me

Mum of 2, suffering my own mental health issues, I began to write this blog as a way to release feelings and emotions. At 13 my daughter was terribly bullied which has led to her having serious mental health problems of her own. She is now 16. I wanted to document our journey and hopefully be able to look back and see how far we have come.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Who am I?

I'm a Mum of 2 kids, living in South Yorkshire.  Suffering with Mental Health problems for over 20 years, I've forgotten the names of the therapy's I've been through during that time.  CBT, CAT, Depression Management, Group Therapy and 18months of someone looking at me and not speaking... Working my way through various anti depressants, I now seem to be settled on something that gives me neither highs nor drastic lows.  Middle of the road, flat, thats me.  Panic attacks, severe depression, anxiety just for starters.  Tough enough, but nothing could have prepared me for the pain I experience watching my 13 year old daughter suffer the same and worse.

3 comments:

  1. Have now read all your posts AMD cannot believe how badly you and Emily have been treated by the system!!!

    I have not commented on all of them as it is so difficult to know what to say, one thing I am struggling with is not knowing your name which makes it difficult to personalise my comments.

    I totally understand your reasons for remaining anonymous to keep Emily safe, but to address you as Blog Author seems so rude.

    Hope you dontind me mentioning it? Have you considered using a fake name?

    I will add comments to your other posts over the next few days.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose 'blog author' is a little strange. You're right I wanted to be completely anonymous, but maybe I can give myself a different title. I'll give it some thought xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries you must do what you feel comfortable with.

      I know exactly where you are coming from and you are so very brave writing about your experiences, wish I had known about blogs when things were so bad for us.

      How about calling yourself "Emily's Mum"

      Take care xxx

      Delete